Who may participate
Thank you for taking the time to learn more. The DREAM study may be an option if you or your child have been diagnosed with Sickle Cell Disease.
This study is being conducted in 3 parts (A, B & C). Parts B and C are currently enrolling:
- Part B will include adolescent and adult participants aged 12 years and older.
- Part C will include children aged 6 months to 17 years. Older children will be enrolled first, then younger children and infants will be enrolled.
A person with SCD will not be able to participate in this study if they:
- Have had more than 10 vaso-occlusive crises (VOCs, sudden painful crises) in the last year
- Are receiving regularly scheduled blood transfusion therapy
- Are pregnant or breastfeeding
There are other requirements to take part in DREAM. If you choose to enroll yourself or your child, the study staff will check that all the requirements are met during a screening visit.
Many factors, including genetics, race, ethnicity, and gender, can impact how people respond to a medicine. It is important that DREAM includes people of all backgrounds with SCD.