The main purpose of the study is to learn about the effectiveness and treatment sequence of lung cancer medicines. This study is performed outside of clinical trials in Norway in patients with metastatic non-small cell lung cancer. Non-small cell lung cancer is a group of lung cancers named for the kinds of cells found in the cancer and how the cells look under a microscope. Metastasis is when the cancer cells spread to other parts of the body.
This study includes patient's data from the database who:
* Are 18 years of age or older.
* Are confirmed to have metastatic non-small cell lung cancer between 01 January 2009 and 31 December 2022.
The study is based on data collection from 3 national health registries:
* The Cancer Registry of Norway (CRN),
* The Norwegian Patient Registry (NPR),
* The Norwegian Drug Registry (NDR).
Data from these registries will be linked at an individual patient level to create a single, unified dataset. The information collected includes:
Diagnosis, cancer stage at diagnosis, date of diagnosis, birth year, type of medicinal treatment, date of treatment start and end, treating hospital, age, gender, etc.